|To apply||Apply on the Hospice of the Good Shepherd's website.|
About this opportunity
3-year fixed-term contract
37.5 hours per week
£30,498 – £31,495
Closing date for applications
28 July 2019
Having secured a BBC Children in Need Grant for three years we are seeking a dynamic, motivated professional who is an enthusiastic and hardworking leader with a passion for providing the best possible bereavement and pre-bereavement support to children and young people in West Cheshire. You will be a compassionate and positive professional with experience of counselling children and young people with a desire to develop and take forward our well established service in schools and the local community.
As well as providing direct counselling and supervision to volunteers within the service you will also be responsible for engaging with schools and developing our group work provision and supporting clinical staff at the hospice who are working with the families of our adult inpatients
In return, you will be joining a friendly and welcoming team with the collective aim of positively enhancing the lives of the individuals accessing our services. As a hospice, we are committed to supporting and developing all staff, in order for each individual to flourish in their role. There will be support and guidance given for professional development, and the opportunity to develop new skills.
- Download job description: Senior Reflect Counsellor
- Download person specification: Senior Reflect Counsellor
The Hospice of The Good Shepherd provides a range of specialist palliative care services for people living with both stable and advanced life limiting illness.
You’ll receive a raft of benefits and support, including:
- competitive salary
- a generous 36 days annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays
- opportunity to join the hospice pension scheme
- excellent learning and development opportunities, including induction and development
- a broad range of in-house education and support to attend external training and development
- a staff support programme including clinical supervision, confidential counselling and occupational health services
We look forward to welcoming you to the Hospice of The Good Shepherd. For further information or to arrange an informal visit please contact Carol Jones , Adult bereavement service lead or Eleanor Warman, Counsellor on 01244 851091.