About this opportunity
First Psychology is a leading independent provider of counselling, psychological therapies and wellbeing interventions in Scotland. We have expanded rapidly with over 80 Practitioners providing therapy across 10 centres throughout Scotland
We now have a vacancy for a Customer Services Team Member in Edinburgh.
In this role you will be assisting clients to find the right therapeutic practitioner and approach for them, as well as with providing support to our organisation and the 80+ psychology and counselling practitioners working within our clinical centres. It is a busy and demanding but rewarding client focused role and you will play a key role within the team.
Personal and Professional development is built into the role and we encourage all of our employees to follow their chosen paths within First Psychology – whether through to counselling and wellbeing (private or commercial) or through a more direct corporate route – progressing into more senior roles within the organisation as it grows.
• Key point of contact for telephone, e-mail and web-mail enquiries
• Advising and signposting clients to the appropriate therapeutic service and practitioner
• Using a customer focused approach to filter, assess and help with client queries and problems
• Liaising with practitioners to develop effective responses to complex enquiries
• Working to ensure that clients receive the best possible service
• Being a point of contact for business and EAP clients, providing a case management service where required
• Administrating bookings, taking credit/debit card payments, updating spreadsheets and maintaining databases.
• Assisting with the administration of training events, and undertaking other ‘externally-focused’ activities in support of the organisation
• Participating and contributing to operational meetings; identifying challenges and opportunities for further developing the quality of service offered to clients
• Exceptional interpersonal, communication and rapport building skills, with the ability to offer a sensitive yet effective service to our clients and colleagues
• Great planning and organising skills, with the ability to work on your own initiative and make autonomous decisions consistent with organisational practice
• An ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment where priorities can change in line with service demands
• Strong problem solving skills with a high attention for detail as well as the ability to think through challenging situations and find solutions where necessary
• Highly developed team working skills, and a strong ‘team-focused’ ethos in your approach
• Personal integrity and the ability to be a mature and responsible presence in our organisation
• An understanding of, or willingness to learn about, key issues in contemporary psychology and counselling approaches to mental health
• Computer literacy and highly developed computer skills (Word, Excel) etc
A good level of qualification is desirable. However, the ability to communicate well with people from all kinds of backgrounds is crucial. We are looking for someone with demonstrable experience of supporting customers and providing excellent customer service.
9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday
14 Belford Road, Edinburgh, EH4 3BL